July 19, 2010

Double whammy

A great thing about completing a piece: not only do I have a new piece of art, whether commissioned for just for my portfolio, I have another subject for greeting cards!

Greeting cards are great for keeping on hand for gifts, last minute or otherwise. Plus, they have significantly more value than they actually cost to print, because they are art and can be utilized.

(Also, if the merchandise doesn't sell, the artist can use the stationery without losing too much money--what a great investment!)




I wish I had ordered more of these "Birdhouse" cards than I did.

I may have to raise prices on the next endeavor; my beloved Vistaprint.com that I have been satisfied for my printing needs (they always have some sort of "sale" to bring you in, even if you don't actually save any more than any other time) for now has a new cost. Now the company charges extra for a glossy finish.

Actually, I need to start trying out some new printers, most likely online.

Until that happens, I can just label this card "limited edition" and charge more, right?

1 comment:

  1. Haha, Vistaprint. My brother has been taking advantage of their free business cards and pens to bolster his pretend company, Newcomb Inc.

    ReplyDelete