April 6, 2012

Behind the Display: "LOVE"

photograph by Jason Harms of Harms Studio


The “Love” display stemmed from a few ideas: 


  1. Incorporating other family wedding photographs (parents, grandparents, etc)

  2. Tying in the color red and bridesmaid fabric

  3. One inspiration photo
I shared the inspiration photo with a co-worker who was planning her own wedding. She decided her fiancee would be able to cut the letters out of wood. While they were gracious and generous enough to make letters for another display (I'll spotlight the Entrance display later) I thought larger letters for "Love" would be more dramatic.


I bought thin wood at Michael's and used wood glue to assemble three of the letters. The glue dried for awhile as I worked on other sewing projects.

We had initially looked at grapevine decorative balls at Hobby Lobby, so the grapevine wreath was perfect for the "O." To dress it up a bit, and bring in the red, I made little rosettes from scraps. The cloth included bridesmaid fabric, a variation/inverse of the bridesmaid fabric, and a few other patterns we used throughout the ceremony site. Everything tied together.

No comments:

Post a Comment