August 20, 2012

Baby shower fun

A co-worker is due in October, and a couple of ladies organized a surprise shower.  I was in charge of e-mail invitation and the actual card we gave her at the shower.  

We usually come up with personalized cards for birthdays at work, so we don't have to buy generic cards, and I'm in charge of executing.  I found the bottle, binky and toy on a free vector site, and constructed the rest pretty quickly.  


Have you noticed I am getting good use out of my craft sewing machine?  I just cut a 12x12 cardstock in half and then folded it again, and it fit into a 6x6 envelope I already had on hand.  The square scrapbook papers were a cinch to sew on, and they are reminiscent of a baby quilt or baby blocks (one of the organizers made a cake that looked like blocks).


No comments:

Post a Comment