November 27, 2012

How was your Thanksgiving?  I enjoyed visiting with relatives I had not seen in awhile, joined in on Black Friday festivities with my in-laws, and wondered where all the time went.

It seems there was barely time to enjoy Fall decorations.  I packed them all up tonight, and am hoping to get up Christmas items before that season is gone as well.

My aunt gave me a ceramic cornucopia that my grandma made in 1972.  I love it!  I love the piece itself, with the curves and shape and color, but I especially am grateful to have a reminder of my grandma.  I will need to take a picture next year- I didn't get one before I had to toss the contents.  I filled it with mini orange and off-white gourds from Vala's Pumpkin Patch and corn and a hedge apple from our church Thanksgiving.

Below are the napkin rings (also made by grandma- no year though) my aunt used this year.


No comments:

Post a Comment