February 23, 2010

Spent money I didn't have...it was so worth it!

This winter has lasted too long, and for months I have kept myself inside too much. When I am not working I like to just stay at home and keep myself as cozy as possible, wrapped in blankets and sipping hot chocolate.

Staying put at home has been productive--some of the time. This also has meant spending much time in front of the computer unnecessarily, and thus my creative juices have not been put to good use.

Yesterday and today I forced myself to get out of the house. I went to the Fremont Mall last night. It was a compete bust, but it was nice to get out and about. This afternoon, Ben and I went to the Goodwill in town for the first time together.

As we pulled into the parking lot, I reminded him that I bought our breadbox there last year. When he realized I paid only four dollars for it, he warned me, "Okay, this might be like the Dollar Tree all over again."

His first visit to the Dollar Tree is a whole different story, but let's just say that he is addicted to the place and is a regular shopper.

My intent was to find a suit jacket or two for work. While I did not meet my goal, I left fully satisfied. I found a treasure trove of dishes, and bought two different teacups; I purchased matching saucers and plates too. What a steal! I am so excited to add them to my collection. It was a successful trip for Ben, too. He was not as impressed with the store as he anticipated--until we reached the exit and he found 6 books he just had to have.

Hopefully tomorrow I will add pictures of the teacups. As soon as I saw them, I was inspired. Maybe I still have a little bit of Betty Crocker in me yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment