September 26, 2011

Finally!

I am so excited that I can finally post some photos that have been restless just sitting on my computer. Now that the wedding is over, I can show some behind-the-scenes pictures of preparation.

After much searching online and in stores for bridesmaid dresses, the Bride was inspired by multiple etsy sites--and suggested we all have our dresses made to fit us. She found a print she loved, and we were allowed to pick out our own patterns.


Irma made my dress pretty much in one day. She and I met up and cut out the pieces. My MIL came over after work and the two of them sewed and sewed! I helped by ironing and cutting out the fabric for the pockets- yes, I had pockets!


I know my own grandma would have loved to be here to help. She was ecstatic to hear Amanda and Chris were engaged, and each time we visited she wanted to know more details about the dresses, decor, everything. While I am sad she couldn't be here, I can also be grateful and thankful for the family that did help so much! I would have had to find a seamstress to make my dress, and would have missed out on the fun and learning experience with family.

No comments:

Post a Comment