September 28, 2011

Invitation- turning point

What I love about my freelance work is that I am always, always challenged.

I found it to be so ironic how long the process for developing Amanda's invitations took. Because I knew my "client" so well personally and we chatted so much about ideas and inspiration, I figured the process, while overwhelming, would move at a much faster pace. How could I be stumped?

We went back and forth with sketches, themes, descriptive words. Finally an e-mail with some visuals from the bride added new energy:



We discussed her favorite images, found at minted.com, via e-mail and on the phone. While I was excited at the inspiration, the images conflicted. We figured out what she liked about each invitation, including colors, fonts, layout.

We both shared the most love for this invitation:


That's when the brainstorming began again.

No comments:

Post a Comment