November 4, 2011

Invitation- aha! moment aka "duh"

Amanda is an avid reader and the Winnie-the-Pooh book elements were just so fitting to her and what she wanted for the wedding- comfortable, familiar, simplistic, idyllic. I decided to create an invitation that looked like a page out of a book, and started working on a layout in Photoshop.

But there were so many aspects of a book that I wanted to include. How could I fit all the aspects of a book onto the front and back of a single piece of paper? It finally hit me- I had to create an actual book with multiple pages, so we could include all the necessary components (aka the layouts, design, wording, etc that make a "book" a book!). Plus, having multiple pages would allow all of the actual wedding information to be organized for the "reader" aka wedding guests.

This thought hit me and I couldn't stop working, I was too excited. I needed to create a prototype right then to satisfy my creative jitters!

No comments:

Post a Comment