December 4, 2011

Welcome to the Wedding Weekend

I have to admit this is one project that almost got the best of me. After a smooth start, I encountered a couple of tension issues (ones that I could now solve much quicker, after much more experience with this little craft sewing machine!), plus a few logistical problems that slowed me down. Yes, there was some cursing. I had my doubts I could complete it without throwing the machine and/or the project against a wall.



But I just kept going, "30 Rock" on in the background and coffee by my side. The banner is not perfect, but I was so proud to see it finished, considering my little experience with machine sewing. I love the imperfections and the texture of the thread binding the different fabric letters with the canvas. I love the ribbon ties that I added and reinforced the very last minute before heading out the door for the wedding weekend. Oh, and, yes, I love the reaction I got from the Bride, who had no idea what it would look like.

No comments:

Post a Comment