January 12, 2012

It's tradition

My mother-in-law gives each kid an ornament every year. Ben has a multitude of Santas in his ornament collection, and lately has been accruing more dental-themed pieces. This year he got two Santa Dentists! The top two ornaments- the first Santa and my Teacup ("spot on", considering my love for tea)- were from the in-laws.



The lower two, including the camera (can you "picture" a more perfect ornament for me?), were from my aunt.

**I hope you noticed the carefully planted puns.

My parents sent me a few sentimental ornaments from home for me to have: ornaments from my Grandma and Grandpa Skelton.


Grandpa worked at Campbell Soup. Aside from this Campbell Soup ornament- every year Grandma and Grandpa would send our family a Campbell Soup ball. We have some awesome video footage from a Christmas when my younger brother was hanging up one of the glass balls. He was chattering away, and telling my dad, "we have to be very careful with this one--" right as he dropped it. Luckily the mustard-yellow shag carpeting was enough cushion so the ornament didn't break.

I love having a variety of ornaments- ones that reflect our personalities, our interests/passions; that remind us of our past and family; and let us share in our today together.

No comments:

Post a Comment