May 31, 2010

Professional Goal

Thanks to a forwarded e-mail from R, I decided to enter a piece for the Nebraska Governor's Residence Exhibition. For the application, I needed to submit my resume, artist statement, and then five examples of my work. I included the actual piece as one of my five examples; these are the other four portfolio requirements:


"Broken"; Digital Photography; 2009

My work is based on my own photography. I get close to my subject and focus on details, such as the texture of wood. Whether a piece is oil or watercolor, the process for replicating the layers of wood by layering paint is tedious but enjoyable.



"Form"; Digital Photography; 2009

My work is based on my own photography. I get close to my subject and enjoy the abstract results. Form and color are the focus.



"Gazebo Roof"; Oil on Canvas; 2007

Although this painting is oil and not watercolor, so techniques are different, this work shows attention to detail. The texture of the wooden slats was due to multiple layers of paint with some blending.



"Stumped"; Watercolor and Pencil; 2009

This watercolor was commissioned by clients who liked a very similar piece based on the same photograph. The attention to detail is important, but the organic nature of the piece allows for differences from the original watercolor.

1 comment: