May 11, 2010

Three generations

Three generations February 2009


Three generations May 2010

So I just had to post some pictures. This is partly a "progress" picture, seeing how I have improved from one year to the next; but mostly it is for sake of posterity. These three ladies are lucky to be able to be so close in proximity, and I think it is important to document "three generations" when possible. Each time was actually impromptu, and not a planned opportunity, and I am glad I made the suggestion each time.

Each time we were at our house, so the options for backgrounds were limited. However, this year I decided to look at our backyard and choose a less stale background than our house siding. We also were lucky for nicer weather and better lighting for the conditions.

When posting items and work on my Facebook page, I try to stay away from family, as I want to show what other clientele I have done work for--and hopefully spur other fans to consider hiring me. However, I chose to post the 2010 photo last week because 1) I did not want to post the two sorority photos before they had a chance to even see them and 2) it is great for family to be able to see the work, whether it is the subjects of the portraits, or extended family who stay connected on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment