August 17, 2011

Inside and Out

Rachel and I had a few vacation days overlapping, so yesterday we visited the Joslyn Museum in Omaha. Our friend Kyle, also a Midland alum, works at the Museum and was able to give us a behind-the-scenes tour. We had a lovely morning and afternoon walking around--plus we were able to hold one of the Chihuly glass sculptures.


If you're not familiar with Dale Chihuly's "Inside and Out," check out this link. I really don't think photos do the sculpture as a whole justice, because it is comprised of so many pieces. About a year ago I did some research on the artist, who is based in Seattle, and it was amazing to read about and view his work. (The Big Gig invitations I designed were inspired by "Inside and Out.")

So Kyle allowed us to hold this piece- with both hands!- and it was just so cool! I know how juvenile it sounds, and I wish I could be more eloquent, but it's true--it was just plain cool to be able to see it and hold it in my own hands.



2 comments:

  1. I'll hand it to you--when you put it like that it does sound a little dirty. Really cool, though. I love that sculpture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you ever go to DC's in Tacoma, WA? If not, next time we have a family reunion up there we should take you!

    ReplyDelete