August 21, 2011

After


Finally, a little update! I know it's not much of an improvement, but I like to see the differences in the front porch area. At the beginning of June, I posted some photos after a few chores outside. Later, we did get to see the flowers in the very front bloom. I'm ashamed that my poor plants have not received a lot of attention (ie regular watering), so they're a little burnt out.

I waited too long to purchase a decent shepherd's hook at Hobby Lobby, but I did find one later at Ace Hardware by our house.


The flowers were another little challenge. According to somebody helping us at Earl May's, most places are in limbo and are starting to order plants for the fall, so hanging baskets with colorful flowers are hard to find.

We ended up going to Wal-Mart and buying a basket, as well as a few extra mini-fences that matched what came with the house...oh a lots of red mulch. Those pictures are a complete post in themselves.




In other plant news: I'm taking good care of my peace lilies! The house plant was a gift from my co-workers from Fremont as a memorial for my Grandma Skelton, who passed away in May.


Now Grandma had the green thumb and loved spending hours outside on her vegetable and flower gardens. Me? Not so much...but I am learning, and have been working hard at taking care of the lilies. I gathered some simple information online, and so far this fairly heavy-duty plant has been doing well.


No comments:

Post a Comment