February 21, 2011

The best place ever

It's no secret that I can spend hours at Hobby Lobby. I can browse the same aisles over and over, whether for inspiration or just plain longing for a new project.

A couple of days ago I spent about two hours there, leaving with only two items: a shelf for the living room (a duplicate of the one I put up in the bedroom) as it was 50% off; and an finished shelf because I had a 40% off coupon. Next time I will purchase the paint to finish it. Steps!
I also was looking for items for Amanda's wedding and managed to find quite a few items we will have to check on when they go on sale again.

Much of my time that day was spent checking out the Home Accents items that were 80% off. Yes, that's right: 80% off. After multiple trips in and out of my cart, the items I was drawn to eventually stayed on the shelves.

Today I went back.

The candles, 50% off this week, and the holders (Home Accents 80% off) totaled $57.74 before the discounts.

I paid $17.21, saving a whopping $40.00!!


Rachel and I had fun mixing and matching bases/holders and candles. What I ended up with fits nicely with the rest of the bedroom, mixing the darks and metallics; and the mixing and matching complements the different lamp bases and shades.

Amazingly, I left the store only with items I went in to purchase.




No comments:

Post a Comment