June 2, 2011

Before and/or After


So Spring is here, and we've had lots of rain- which results in weeds. Luckily we had nice weather and I had some extra time last weekend, so I bit the bullet and worked outside for a little.

We didn't do anything to the front porch area when we moved in, except that my mother-in-law (MIL) transplanted some flowers from her yard and Ben and I bought some pretty red mulch.



Thank goodness we didn't use the whole bag- I used it up this last weekend after pulling weeds. What a difference! I forgot to take "before" pictures (but believe me it was not pretty), so these will suffice as my "before" pictures, as I plan on doing a little bit more to the yard.





I ran across some shepherd hooks on sale at Hobby Lobby (spring items on 50% clearance!) and was set on a hanging basket. My MIL suggested moving some of the hostas that came with the house and/or placing more mulch to cover some of the dead/weedish areas in the corner.



I'm still figuring out my gameplan, but I am also thinking about transplanting some of Grandma's peony bushes.

Decisions, decisions.


First and foremost: I'm buying gardening gloves. I have a few battle scars from pulling weeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment