June 29, 2011

I'm on a roll

Almost a week after my 25 cent treasure, I waited on a customer who needed change for her garage sale. She was getting together with 30 other people- and said she had teacups for sale! This sounded too good to be true! So I thought maybe I would stop by on my way to work the next day.

Unfortunately, the location was too far west and would have meant a lot of extra driving.
I tried not to be too bummed. On my way home the next day, I passed by several signs and finally decided to stop by a house.

There was actually a bunch on one block, so I meandered around for a little.
I was super excited when I found a jewelry armoir! I saw it first thing, but hesitated. Then I was walking back to the car and realized it was too good to pass up- but I still didn't want to pay full price. I grabbed some cash out of my wallet and offered seven dollars, instead of the marked ten. SOLD! I paid the lady, and had to tell a couple that was picking it up that I had just bought it.

I didn't realize til after I got home and started to vacuum the inside drawers that it smells faintly of cigarette smoke. I'm working on deodorizing the fabric, and will work on the wood next, after I buy some supplies at the store.


1 comment:

  1. Good find! Tara's been wanting one of those. She'll be jealous. We love garage sale-ing. I'm sure the smell will come out no problem.

    ReplyDelete