April 16, 2010

Grow, my little pretties, grow!

Love love love Spring! To avoid copying Ilovescrubs, I should give some more specific examples of what Spring means to me this year.

The main source of my enjoyment has been the lovely tulips that are springing up all around our house. I've read many times that tulips continue to stretch, even when they are in vases, and not growing in the ground. How cool is that? Maybe just a bit creepy, if you are not expecting it, but definitely very cool too. Anyways, these babies have been been popping up everyday, and the colors and shapes are inspiring. I should really have actual pictures as example, to visually accompany this freeflow of springspeak, but that will have to wait til tomorrow.

Going on walks with the hubby has given this girl much more energy too. Hearing the wind in the trees, families chattering with open windows, and seeing my painted toes as we walk around the neighborhood brings such satisfaction.

Spring this year also means, obviously a new season. This is equivalent to new energy and hope, as we make our plans for moving. Transitions in jobs, homes, and other environments seem more real as the weather changes are evident.

I painted tonight. It is a little challenging to get back into the groove, but it was worth the awkwardness of facing the watercolor board, brushes and pencils in hand, and just taking it on. It will still be difficult tomorrow, to dive back into it, but that is how I do it. I just do it...eventually.

1 comment:

  1. Things I love about this post:
    1. You referenced me
    2. You addressed my only complaint about this post (no pictures)
    3. You are painting again!

    ReplyDelete