April 18, 2011

Blast from the past...for more than one of us

My aunt received a gift from her cousin Jane. As all of us Skeltons were raised to do, she read the card first: "Dear Laree, this is probably the strangest 'get well' gift you will receive."

She opened up a Barbie wedding dress that Jane sewed for Laree. Ree told the story: every time she and Jane get together as adults (not too often, as Jane lives in Texas), Ree teases Jane that it seemed that her mother made Barbie wedding gowns for every girl in their family- except her own daughter!


As soon as we saw Jane's thoughtful gift, I ran downstairs to grab a Barbie. I knew right where I had left her, years ago in Grandma's sewing room. Ree lent the doll to me; one summer I was in a phase of creating Barbie fashions. So, of course, before Barbie could showcase the new dress, I had to take pictures of
my masterpiece.


No comments:

Post a Comment