April 19, 2011

The things you remember

For some reason, Ben seemed really impressed at my "sewing" project. My mom gave him some other examples of the phases I went through, including: beading, soap-making, stamp-making. I always enjoyed trying new arts and crafts, and had actually forgotten some of the projects she mentioned.

But it's amazing how some memories are very fresh. I remember receiving a $20 Michael's gift card one year, and making multiple trips (riding my bike) to use multiple coupons at certain times of the weekend sale. I'm guessing gel pens and scrapbook paper were included.

I kept track of what I purchased, so I could include it in my thank you letter. I remember the excitement of purchasing a stamp and purple inkpad- all for my own. (I'm pretty sure the gift card was from my aunt Alycia. Thanks!) While the inkpad has long dried out…here is one of my first stamps:

No comments:

Post a Comment