April 23, 2011

Part of a Walk Through Fremont show with Rachel, Fall 2007-
read the Tribune article!


In college I met so many other people that inspired and/or encouraged me as well, whether through writing, music or photography. I scrapbooked with friends, helped with design for recitals, worked on the school newspaper. My roommates and friends still encourage me. And marrying into Ben's side of the family exposed me to very creative and ambitious people as well.

So it's interesting how one thing- like Cousin Jane giving my aunt a handmade wedding dress- can bring back so many memories and make this girl so nostalgic. Thank you to my 2.5 readers (I'm pretty sure my readership has gone up) and to those who have inspired or encouraged me over the years. Until I sat down and really wrote about it (and yes, I could write more!), I hadn't really realized the extent of my support network up to this point.

My mother-in-law helping with our new place;
she also covered our dining chairs and sewed a matching table runner

1 comment:

  1. Haha, what a pleasant surprise! I had no idea where that hyperlink would take me.

    Oh college! Now that I'm done with it, I miss it.

    ReplyDelete